Thursday 12 March 2009

Wild flowers in Greece

A question that I get asked very, very often is if I can incorporate local grown flowers or wild flowers into the arrangements for their wedding! I thought it might be interesting to have a look at some of my favourite local flowers and discuss some ideas of how these can be utilised for your wedding day! Some of my favourite flowers found in the wild are the anenome, I have been known to screech to a halt when driving through the country side and insist on picking as many as possible! Cyclamon, hibiscus flowers, bougainvillea, I love the hues that this flower comes in, the purple, pink and white look beautiful together, even the dried flowers are pretty! Daisies can be found in the spring throughout Greek fields! Please remember that there are lots of wild flowers between January and the end of May, however during the summer and in to early autumn the flowers tend to dry up from the heat, so these are impossible to source. (All images are borrowed from flickr.com)

No comments: