Monday 2 November 2009

A Rock & Roll Bride in Athens

Hi all, I hope everyone had a great weekend!

Today I am posting an incredibly cool wedding that took place in Athens this past summer! I absolutely loooooooved the bride's look, she really let her personality shine through and refused to confirm to the "classic" bride look, which in Greece 9 out of 10 times means adding extensions and curling your hair, or having a very untrendy chignon.




The bride has such a strong punk look and seemingly refused to tame down her look in order to conform to the "norm". I am so pleased as I think her look literally, ROCKS!!!





I think this might be my favourite image, the bride looks so calm and collected and content! The image is also gorgeous!





On second thoughts, perhaps this is my favourite, you can just make out the silhouette of the bride in the car arriving at the ceremony venue!




This is a classic "fun" image, the part of the Greek Orthodox ceremony where most people are laughing, happy and moving, so this fabulously pretty bride of course looks gorgeous in the image!



The finale is an image of the couple's first dance, which took place at a beautiful venue just outside the city of Athens

Did I mention that this beautiful couple are childhood sweethearts and have been together for years and years? That small detail makes me look at the pictures in an entirely different light.

Speaking of pictures, all the images above are courtesy of the wonderfully talented Magdalene Kourti, you can find more information on her work at www.mkourti.com.

Watch out for the next post on the bride's gorgeous gown that we are going to put up for sale!!!!! Coming Next.............

No comments: